Infant Mental Health for the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
1. Which of the following is NOT a foundational concept of infant mental health?
oAttachment oParent-Infant oSocial-Emotional Development oToxic Stress
2. At what age does the social smile generally appear?
o2 weeks o4 weeks o6 weeks o8 weeks
3. By what point in time, should a mental health assessment be completed for an infant placed in out-of-home care?
oWithin 7 days oWithin 15 days oWithin 30 days oWithin 60 days
4. What percent of infants in low-risk samples exhibit a secure attachment?
o35% o50% o65% o80%
5. On average, what is the longest sleep period seen in the one month old infant?
o2-4 hours o5-7 hours o8-10 hours o11-13 hours
6. Which social-emotional milestone usually emerges last?
oCommando Crawling oPrefers Parents Voices oRecognizes Unique Smell of Mother oStranger Anxiety